Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Guinea Pigs

During April vacation I am taking a course at Tufts on computer graphics. It is cool, but I wish it would move a little faster. So far I haven't learned much that I couldn't just learn from experimentation. It still rocks though. There are functions in paintshop pro that can let you take a photo and make it look like you drew it. We can cheat! Just kidding, I would never claim to have drawn something that I just altered in paintshop pro. There are also many other effect thingies.
Today we got to put stuff on our t-shirts. There is a paper that you can iron onto the shirt, and it makes it stick. **Oooooh**
I can't wait until we start doing animation stuffs. Grrrr.... so impatient.

Also, we are guinea pigs(so that's what the title meant!). They give us questionnaires and stuff, because they are analyzing how much kids use the internet and what they use it for. Our teacher says that that is the only way in which we are guinea pigs, but he secretly has recording equipment hidden around the room. LOL :)

4 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! It would be cool to animate drawings, but I didn't know you could do that in Paint Shop Pro (or can you?)! You'll have to teach me so I can do just that! What kind of things are you learning on Psp, like how to control the program, and stuff? I have it and it is really difficult to do a simple thing like switching layers and putting in a background without going into 'help' and reading for five hours. It's not that bad, but I should look around and try to figure that stuff out so that I can do the cool things that you are learning ( I think it would take ME more than muddling around to find those things though, but you on the other hand might be able to TEACH a class!).
As for being a guinea pig, check for microphones and cameras in corners, folds of cloth or clothing, and door handles. Make sure you are not getting smaller and harrier, and DO NOT eat 'Guinea Pig Diet'. Most important of all, never go into a small cage with wood shavings and a little water bottle.
It's actually kind of cool that you get to be the Guinea pigs and that these surveys are all about you! It might be a little biased though, since it is a computer class. To really sift through and find more accurate results, one would have to survey a school which is full of many different levels of computer-madness, so then you could be all precise and stuff. But still cool :).

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Tick-Tick said...

Hmmmmmmm.....**looks at hand** I don't THINK I'm any smaller or hairier, and I'm not eating 'Guinea Pig Diet', and I haven't seen any cages with wood shavings or a little water bottle, so I guess I'm okay.

We did animation on Thursday, the end of Wednesday, and the beginning of Friday. Turns out that you don't animate in paint-shop pro, after all. You have to use a very expensive program: Macromedia Flash.

We also did websites, which was dissapointing 'cause I've done more complicated stuff than that with dreamweaver before, so I didn't learn much, except a couple of ways to have a layout. You can find my totally not awesome web page, along with the much more awesome animation that I did, at http://www.tufts.edu/~cchau03/sarahjulia/teenagealien.htm

If you want, I could show you some of the things that we learned in paint-shop pro. And we have animation shop on our computer, so my dad could teach us both how to animate in that.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Tick-Tick said...

I should probably mention some of the stuff I just said n a new post.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you not here?? You haven't written in a long time! (this is SMEAGOL) but with a different name now! Check it out, and you should get an lj so you can read some of the stuff cuz it's friend's only cuz I'm paranoid but oh well. that was a run on sentence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home