Saturday, November 05, 2005

Stream of Consciousness

Um, la de da. What to write. Gaad, I can never come up with ideas. I suppose I'll figure something out eventually. I often do, right? But what the heck can I write about today? I really have no idea. Yeah, so.... I guess I wait for the muses to move me, right. Man, if I ever meet my muses face to face, I'm gonna give em' an earfull. Or maybe I'll call them on the phone and say "we need to talk". Hmm.... I only write when I'm inspired. Fortunately, I'm inspired at 10:00 every morning. Who said that again? Don't know. Oh well. Gaad, I lost my train of thought, what was I going to write next? I hate how much faster my brain goes than my fingers go. Well, anyway, I wish I were inspired every day. Life would be so cool. Of course, the saying is actually about how the person keeps a schedule whether or not they're doing well that day.
I don't know why I'm putting this as a blog entry. I think I meant to post, then tried to get the juices flowing. I think I meant to delete the first sentences about how I can't write, but now the whole thing is turning out to be about how I can't write. Maybe I shouldn't post it at all. Streams of consciousness are confusing. I guess I wanted to put out just a sample of what goes on in my head. When I'm writing anyway. Maybe I should get back to my story. For those who don't know, it's a sci-fi mystery, suspense type thing, and it's a mess. Well, it's not a mess, it's more..... not there, if you know what I mean. It's got a beginning, an idea for a part of the middle, and a vague notion of how it might work out. So, basically, it has a beginning. Though I've only written two scenes of the beginning. I didn't realize until I started to outline it that I don't have much of a plot. Basically I know the main characters, the setting, and that someone is plotting to kill the pilot in order to take the ship somewhere. I have a problem.
I just realized how much I've been droning on, most of the stuff I'm writing being pointless and repetitive. I think I'll post anyway. I always find random thoughts interesting, I hope you do too.
Maybe I should let this story hibernate in the back of my brain and work on a different one, maybe one that has a plot.
My train of thought seems to be slowing down. I hear the brakes, it must be stopping.
I'm hopping off, suitcase in hand, having ridden the train.
I really should get back to my story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home