Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Lists, lists, lists (don't our writing teachers say to avoid those?)

My Top 10 favorite science fiction authors:

Connie Willis
Julie E. Czerneda
Toni Anzetti/ Anne Tonsor Zeddies
Jeffrey A. Carver
Spider Robinson (Greetings earthlings. Take me to your bartender.)
Heinlien (the only one of Gods of SF that people invoke whose stories I like - that is, the early stuff. not the crap he wrote later in life)
Orson Scott Card (besides the Ender books and the Shadow books, I really liked Wyrms. And I plan to read Enchantment as soon as I can find it)

I'm realizing a lot of the science fiction I read is short story anthologies. Stuff that I love by authors for whom that is the only one of their works that I have read. So, my list becomes the top seven sf writers.

Top 5 fantasy writers:

1. Emma Bull
2. C. E. Murphy (despite the fact that I have only read one of her books and she only has a few out right now, possibly only two)
3. Robin McKinley (The only Robin McKinley book I've met that I didn't like was Spindle's End)
4. Jane Yolen
5. Diana Wynne Jones

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Jarne said...

You didn't like Enders Game? I thought it was great, minus the creepy scene where Ender is attacked in the shower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home