Monday, February 19, 2007

Strange Studies

I am now beginning a study on how people count on their fingers.

No, I mean it.
Yes, I know what I just said.
No, I'm not pulling your leg.
I'm studying fingers.

"But why?????????????????"
My friend Elizabeth and I discovered that people count on their fingers in tons of different ways. So we wanted to see how many and how strange ways there were. We asked a bunch of people to count on their fingers for us, and started hypothesizing about why people count different ways. Pretty soon we realized that we had to write it all down and do all this in a more orderly fashion if we were going to make head or tail of it.

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jarne said...

I found another way to count that I hadn't seen before. Remind me about it next time I see you and I'll show you.

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see what you find out. keep us updated.
Crow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home