Monday, January 01, 2007

Theories on life

Is inspiration the child of avoidance?

I know that when I have homework to do, I suddenly get past my writer's block. Or I think of twenty new projects. Like yesterday. I have homework that I really need to get done, and I think - I'll re-open my blog! And I think of a bunch of things to post about. And I think of a bunch of ideas for short stories. And I think - I really should clean my room. I want to do that now. Have it done by Tuesday. I haven't done any art in a while! And have three ideas for paintings/sketches.

Anybody agree with this theory?

3 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Jarne said...

This seems like a good explanation for inspiration, but not the only one. Sleep-deprivation is also a parent of inspiration.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Tick-Tick said...

Well, most people have two parents. Ooh, and it could be your inspired so that you avoid getting to awful and focused on the tired.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Jarne said...

Nah, that doesn't sound like a good explanation. I think it is just the wires in your head going crazy when you're really tired and inspiration popping out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home